April 28, 2009

Yeah, Whatever

Been a little cranky for a couple of days. So-I say to myself,"self, why don't you try writing something nice on the blog?" Look--a pretty picture! But, at the present, I can find no nice thoughts in my peevish mind.
Then, I get a nice email about stress. "Ah ha", says I, this should do the trick. This one is about how your stress, your burden is like a glass of water. It's not heavy, but, if you try to hold it in the same position for a long time it will make your arm hurt. The point was-- that if we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on. 'As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When you're refreshed, you can carry on with the burden.'
Well, that's great if your only holding one glass of water. It didn't say anything about juggling glasses of water!
So--still grumpy.
There's an old saying around here that says, "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". This mama ain't happy today. It would be a shame if, by my attitude, I affected someone else's happiness, so--lookie what I found.




A little happy dance in my head now. Better.

4 comments:

Suz said...

WOW! That gave me chills. How awesome would it be to get to sing in that choir? In my next life I swear I am gonna be able to sing.

Sorry to hear about your funk. Nothing wrong with going to 'that' place every now and then....unless you stay. I kinda wanna choke those people who are all sunshine and roses all the time.

Anonymous said...

Sheeeesh, I feel that way all the time and I don't think anyone gives a crap! The "if momma ain't happy, no ones happy" only applies if families where "Momma" has more clout than I do.. Besides, I am dieting and it tends to leave me a little cranky. But the music is awesome and I love every song in that musical, it always makes me feel good. Love you, Jill B

Jolene said...

I like Les Mis, but I LOVE wicked. Now if we could play Popular, or I Have Been Changed for Good, now that would really make me happy.
I love the anology about the water. What I think you need is for someone to take some of your weight for awhile until you feel like you can hold it again. You will feel better, and until then, know that there are many who love you. Like me. Love you!

Grandma Cheryl said...

Les Mis is my ALL TIME favorite - love the story and music. Wicked was a lot of fun, however.
Remember, this too shall pass.....you just can't predice when!?!?
Hang on! Lots of love to you.