April 22, 2009

That Old Feeling

What happened to these kids?
I've been around for a while now. It makes me tired to think about, but I'm old enough to remember:
  • riding bikes without a helmet.
  • our first TV
  • playing outside all day and not coming home 'til mom hollered
  • roller skate keys
  • walking to school --alone without adult supervision
  • penny candy
  • full service gas stations
  • going the long way through Wyoming to Bear Lake because Logan Canyon was too hard a climb for the car pulling the boat
  • ushers at movies
  • recess, jungle bars on asphalt
  • The Mouseketeers (original version), Howdy Doody, The Lone Ranger
  • our first stereo--first record-Around the World in Eighty Days soundtrack
  • hopscotch, jacks, marbles, jump rope-for fun, not exercise
  • nylon stockings and garter belts (and not to be sexy-just to hold those suckers up)
  • the day Kennedy was shot
  • the first man on the moon
  • eight track tapes (blushing-I actually had an eight track tape player--I'm so ashamed)
  • leisure suits (again-ashamed)
  • cars without seat belts
  • but--no air conditioning, dishwashers, life saving pharmaceuticals

This photo looks a little off kilter. How appropriate!

Saw a cartoon which said "My body ain't what it used to be. Even when I'm naked, I want to slip into something more comfortable" Laugh now young'uns. It'll be your turn soon enough.

Thanks to Jolene for hanging on to these.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Pictures!

Jolene said...

I remember evrything except first TV and first stereo, those were there by the time I came around. Don't you wish things were like that again, just sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Those were awesome, mar! Jill B

TravandNat said...

It seems like life was much simpler back then..it would be nice to experience that..just for a bit!