October 14, 2009

Mmm-Mmm Good

I have been trying for years to convince my husband that a bowl of soup can actually be a meal.
You know, like Campbell Soup says, it's a meal you can eat with a spoon.
Husband not convinced. This is not food, he says, this is liquid. Good grief.... Every meal must have a hunk 'o meat to qualify. He got soup today because it is raining, I didn't have the desire to shop in the slop and he wanted food now! No time to thaw the crap that's in my freezer.


Now, this is a real meal!! Served these chops Sunday. Positively scrumptious! If you like pork chops, but hate that they are tough because not even pigs are allowed to have fat, you will love these. I served them with roasted new potatoes and lima beans, cooked until they surrendered.


If your significant other thinks a meal must have meat, (the kind that requires putting the hind foot on the prey and rearing back), you can find the recipe here .
(No, this is not a public service announcement.)

6 comments:

Trish and John said...

I'm cooking the chops for dinner tonight as we speak! I have thicker chops though so I hope they work out as well. Love her blog!

And soup is a perfectly acceptable meal, esp with a grilled cheese sammie!

Unknown said...

great meal mom!

Marilee said...

Trish, soup and grilled cheese sandwich is a great meal--but--still no meat.
How did the thicker chops work out???

Trish and John said...

The ticker chops were fabulous! We did sweet potatoes too, and corn...just in keeping with the no green thing.

Grandma Cheryl said...

I'm sorry but the canned soup looks better than that greasy lookin slap of meat! Now the potatoes....

Grandma Cheryl said...

Missin you Mar. What have you been pondering lately? Anxious to think about what you think about.
Love!