September 8, 2009

Earrings--Again


Do these earrings make me look---thin???


I jest, of course. Nothing is that simple. But, these are the first earrings I have worn since that infamous day in 2002. I have not worn any jewelry for 7 years. I mean, what was the point really.

So about 6 weeks ago I went for a hair trim and ended up with hair shorter that my husbands. Yikes!! The solution? Earrings. But, when I tried to put some lovely old earrings in, I discovered there was nothing there. I had my ears pierced about 40 (good grief) years ago and those suckers finally closed up. So, off to the mall with the rest of the toddlers for a fresh pierce. Ouch!?! Finally the time came to replace the studs with real earrings and, voila, a whole new me. (snort).

Oh, have you ever tried to take a picture of yourself, in the mirror, trying to keep the camera out of the picture and smile at the same time? Well, this photo is the result. But I think you get the picture. (oh man, I crack myself up)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

lookin' hot mom !

Jolene said...

Love the earrings. I love to buy new ones, bought a pair at Swiss Days that I love. The cute new hair reminds me a little of a past Barbara S. Need to see a full shot of the hair. Can't believe you cut it. BRAVE! See, I would love to have hair like your former style.

Meghan said...

i have infact - and mine never turn out so well.. you look fantastic. and i do love the earrings. good for you for getting out and giving it the ole college try? ok. not quite - i suppose that would include a bong and not an earring. anyway, sweet ears and hairdo. you go.

Suz said...

You look awesome! Love the short hair too. The fatter I get the more earrings and shoes (and donuts) I buy. Were you closer, Erin would've repierced you with an earring and a peice of ice. Anni claims it's painless.

Jolene said...

Marilee pierced my ears with a needle and a bar of soap. I think I should have returned the favor!

Marilee said...

Jo, to which former style do you refer? The moderate length I wore in the 90's or the pony tail I wore for 5 years AS (after stroke).
And--can you believe I had the nerve to pierce you ears like that? Aint youth grand.
Suz, used the Erin method several times. This time it was too far gone.
Oh, and using earrings while fat is a well known diversion. (Oh look, shiny things!)
Anyway, you are NOT fat. And if you do put on a couple of pounds, just refer to your "sturdy peasant stock". Used it for years.
Meg, unfortunately there were no bongs at BYU..bummer.

Suz said...

Oh Marilee.....how I do love you!

Grandma Cheryl said...

You make me giggle....a good thing today.
You are beautiful and really funny.
Love you!

The Whitney's said...

I think you look HOT!!! When you take a picture of yourself, forget the mirror. Just hold the camera up in front of you and point and shoot! Works everytime, this is why you only see face pictures of my husband and me.

Jolene said...

The reason we buy shoes and earrings as we get a little rounder - you don't have to buy a bigger size.

Marilee said...

Jolene Gines, come on down! You are the winner of a fabulous prize!!!