You bet! A week from tonight I'll be in Dallas waiting for the big BYU/OK game on Saturday. Looking forward to the trip with Rob and his bff's. (Isn't he cute to invite his mama?) Love the picture of BYU out playing those ole yewts.
the smell is in the air.. i can't wait! i love it for the first 3 months, and then i am sort of over it. (we overdose in my abode) ty is super bummed he can't make the trip to see the cougs get manhandled in dallas...
ps. i love that mama called them yewts. atta girl cheryl!
Why, out of all the Nordfors' do I not love football? Don't care much for it at all, but my guys sure do. Now when basketball starts, I'll be a little more excited.
Jo, football was like mother's milk growing up. Every Sunday during the season we all gathered around the TV. It was as much a part of Sunday dinnner as the pot roast and potatoes. Maybe it's because you were so much younger at the time of our indoctrination. Or--maybe basketball is just funner to watch. (waiting for lightening to strike)
Jo didn't go to the boys football games, BYU games and in addition to not getting the sunday lessons. Remember when dad would bring down three tv's so we could watch three games at the same time?? That was fun. (Family home evening at the Nordfors' was learning about, watching and discussing the game of football.) She has had ample opportunity to learn to enjoy the game with all her men-folk, however. Jo used to go to the U of U games but only enjoyed the treats and visiting with other wives. Oh dear, whatever will we do with her? I know. She can feed us as she's really great at cooking and feeding the masses.
Jo really, basketball?? I love football season for the event of the whole thing. I still don't know much about the game itself but like having it on and the whole football, fall, sit by the fireplace, sweater weather thing.
Okay --- I DID watch football and lots of it. I went to not only the boys high school games, but was dragged all over the west watching them play for Ricks. I suffered humiliation as a Jr. High child as my mother would stand up and yell, "That's my boy, that's my boy!" Every Sunday, all day, Thursday night, weekend college games and months with nothing on but foorball. I think because it was just all toooooo much for so many years is precisely why I DON'T like football. I tolerate it, know how it's played, know the names of the teams, and even occationally, some players, but love it, NO WAY!!!
13 comments:
You bet! A week from tonight I'll be in Dallas waiting for the big BYU/OK game on Saturday. Looking forward to the trip with Rob and his bff's. (Isn't he cute to invite his mama?)
Love the picture of BYU out playing those ole yewts.
the smell is in the air.. i can't wait! i love it for the first 3 months, and then i am sort of over it. (we overdose in my abode) ty is super bummed he can't make the trip to see the cougs get manhandled in dallas...
ps. i love that mama called them yewts. atta girl cheryl!
Cute post Mar!
Why, out of all the Nordfors' do I not love football? Don't care much for it at all, but my guys sure do. Now when basketball starts, I'll be a little more excited.
Jo, football was like mother's milk growing up. Every Sunday during the season we all gathered around the TV. It was as much a part of Sunday dinnner as the pot roast and potatoes. Maybe it's because you were so much younger at the time of our indoctrination. Or--maybe basketball is just funner to watch. (waiting for lightening to strike)
Jo didn't go to the boys football games, BYU games and in addition to not getting the sunday lessons. Remember when dad would bring down three tv's so we could watch three games at the same time?? That was fun. (Family home evening at the Nordfors' was learning about, watching and discussing the game of football.) She has had ample opportunity to learn to enjoy the game with all her men-folk, however. Jo used to go to the U of U games but only enjoyed the treats and visiting with other wives. Oh dear, whatever will we do with her? I know. She can feed us as she's really great at cooking and feeding the masses.
Jo really, basketball?? I love football season for the event of the whole thing. I still don't know much about the game itself but like having it on and the whole football, fall, sit by the fireplace, sweater weather thing.
Okay --- I DID watch football and lots of it. I went to not only the boys high school games, but was dragged all over the west watching them play for Ricks. I suffered humiliation as a Jr. High child as my mother would stand up and yell, "That's my boy, that's my boy!" Every Sunday, all day, Thursday night, weekend college games and months with nothing on but foorball. I think because it was just all toooooo much for so many years is precisely why I DON'T like football. I tolerate it, know how it's played, know the names of the teams, and even occationally, some players, but love it, NO WAY!!!
Cheryl, there's some capital letters in your post. Are we without swath and sling?
Same memories through three different prisms. Verrry interesting. Maybe this should be a subject for analysis. Or not.
Perspective. Good word. Guess my theory was flawed. Glad you enjoy b-ball. I find that boring. Players too tall so too easy to dunk.
Arm healing. Bone aches. Range of motion only 30 degrees. Wear swath for protection when around lots of people (esp school kids). Thanks for asking.
but mar - did you see that game tonight???
i think you should bring up more topics and ask for all 3 perspectives. very interesting.
Saw the game. Saw the comments on facebook. Don't think I'll go there. Thanks for playing.
Post a Comment