June 17, 2009

Loves Of My Life


From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life.....

'I am born'. So wrote Charles Dickens in the book David Copperfield. Expectations are that we are born, go to school, graduate, get married, have children, have grandchildren, live a good life and die. Don't believe it.

What if the earth was made round so that we would not see too far down the road? I am a planner, a list maker, an organizer. I am not happy when the earth rotates and reveals an unplanned event. I curse it. That's not what I thought would happen to me now.

It is disconcerting, but life does not go from point A to point B in a straight line. And really,who would want it to. But no matter. I have my beautiful children. Quite simply the loves of my life!!


7 comments:

Jolene said...

Love the picture. Love seeing Mom and her smile. She loves her grandchildren. I believe soon after this picture was taken, you moved away. Thanks for giving me prospective -- yet again.

Suz said...

Did anyone inherit Gammy's dimples?

I too love my children. I would love to love one of them while she was living in a dorm room. *sigh*

More oldie photos please. Love those.

Unknown said...

We love our parents too. That is a cool picture. Thanks for the "shout out" Mom.

Jolene said...

Kelli has Gammy's dimples.

Grandma Cheryl said...

You all look so cute in your "red, white and blue" outfits. Was this taken in July?
Children are the joy in life, aren't they? Loved moms smile and twinkly eyes, Cami's long ponies, Todd's dark hair that would turn blond and your happy grin. Thanks for the memories!

Marilee said...

Chery, that photo was taken the day we left the hospital after Todd was born (august). I never even noticed the matching stuff. Mom had kept Cami and brought her to the hospital..Cami ran up to us and shouted "he came out!!!" and that is when David took the pic.
Good memory.

Trish and John said...

I now know what that means and it's truly overwhelmingly wonderful. So glad that finally I get to experience what all the rest of you moms have known. Thanks for bringing so many things for us to be grateful for!