March 1, 2009

It Snowed!!! In Memphis!!!

Updated
Do not mock my enthusiasm dear readers from the Mountain West. This is the South, dagnabit! We are prepared for HEAT!-HUMIDITY! not SNOW! Wouldn't know a snowplow if it rammed our pickup. And-your lil' ole swamp cooler would surrender without a fight in the summer. 
I reckon we got 6-8" in the city by the time it ended. Places a bit further north got a foot. Of course I had to get out in it. (The baby I'm holding belongs to our neighbors. They are from Hong Kong and call me "auntie".)

Today (Sunday) it's still cold, but by afternoon the snow was off the streets. Cami is disappointed it happened on the weekend--no snow day. Bummer.
Now I'm off to sweep the snow off the car. But it was pretty to look at while it was falling.    


Yes, the ubiquitous pick up truck in the -SNOW!!!!

Update: A friend from my old neighborhood sent this to me. Pretty!!

Somerville Courthouse

4 comments:

The Whitney's said...

It looks so pretty! It's nice to see a picture of you as well! I hope you had fun playing in the snow.

Jolene said...

My bet is that Cami's students were out of control. That happens here and we have snow all the time.
Looks pretty- that white stuff in Memphis.

Anonymous said...

Jolene, you are right! I wasn't with them on Saturday when the snow fell. However, it did affect their brains (ugh). No matter how many times they (not just my students hehe) were told; they COULD NOT stay off the ice when walking to portables. They couldn't control that urge (glad there were no broken bones). We don't even know how to walk around on that white stuff. Think most of my kids would rather be at school than at home. This caused me to hear things like: "sho glad it didn't close school":, and "we were worried (wow) school would be closed."

Meghan said...

i love that is snowed there... i was starting to believe that global warming crap ;)
and i am sho glad cami commented. would love them to be contributors here too so we can see what they are up too. in the meantime, mar i am glad you are doing it.