March 29, 2009

Surprise!!!

Yesterday was Cami's birthday. (We did the mandatory eating and shopping.) Today Todd showed up, unannounced, as a birthday surprise for her. And me!
After I took David to church, I came home to shower, start dinner, etc. A knock came at the door. Oh great, I thought, who the hell is that? I open the door all aggravated because I'm behind schedule and there stands my Todd with a big ole grin on his face. Ha! Surprise!
What fun. Cami picks up David from church every week and comes to do laundry, grade and record papers, and dine. We have eaten Sunday dinner together forever, so Todd knew where to find her. 


SURPRISE!!!


Ahhh--
Cami was appropriately surprised. (She almost slugged him.) We had a lovely birthday dinner and birthday cake. Watched some basketball and then it was time for him to leave. :(
I still can't believe the guys planned it without our help. How'd they do that?? (Apparently it involved cheap airline tickets from lastminute.com.)
Every day our children bring joy to our lives. Today was a happy surprise.

6 comments:

Suz said...

I love a surprise! Happy to you Cami! You look wonderful!

Jolene said...

Okay - so Cami really did have a happy b-day. What a fun surprise, the bummer is that he couldn't stay longer. Don't you love it when something fun happens?

Marilee said...

Jo,Cami left a comment for you on the previous entry.

Unknown said...

thanks all!! if i had known i was going to be in pictures i would have worn something cute and done my hair. hehe

it was a wonderful surprise! dont know how they did it but it was great.

and jolene...good to know im not the only one not very fun at school lately :)
although... we did go to the zoo today... planned a break from constant testing and reviewing to go to the zoo back in august. will try to get mom some pictures to post

Meghan said...

awesome. boys are never that thoughtful. lucky girls.

but all this talk about eating? really? cami looks a little thin, like she could use a sandwich or something. maybe mix in some ice cream.....

glad it was a fun day and that you could have some sweet family time.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thanks for directing me to your blog...I have loved reading it.

I love the pictures of your kids. I remember Cami and Todd really well from when they were tiny. They were and still are BEAUTIFUL children.

I am glad Cami is a teacher. I am glad am not, but my 30 years were awesome and it was time to move on.

Now I am a Care-Taker of the smartest woman I have ever known. And to see that brilliance periodically hidden, distorted and sometimes lost is the most painful thing I have ever had to endured. No one should have to watch someone they love fall in to dementia. I watched Marj for 12 year, but this is a true hell. Her house is up for sale in case someone is interested. As is her Camry and all the furniture. Sad, huh?

Spent 8 days in Hawaii with Nik and her new husband Chris Harris. They got married in the ocean at Oahu and the whole thing was fabulous.

I love the blog and will keep in touch. You have a great family.. Tell David and the kids I think of them often... Love Jill