An intro to my eldest She is a 3rd grade teacher in a part of Memphis called Whitehaven. Except it's not. Her school is a Title 1 school in what is politely called the "inner city". She loves the teaching part and hates the bureaucratic part. There is a new superintendent who thinks he must try all kinds of new innovations that are mostly just more work and documentation for the teachers. We talk her off a cliff every week, but she remains standing and for that we are proud.
Cami's Kids
3 comments:
I wonder if she is hating this time of year as much as I am. This week has NOT been fun. I blame it on snow and uninvolved parents.
I hear ya Jolene. We just had PTC's on Presidents' Day and had a whopping 0 parents show up. Won't get into all the craziness regarding the public school system here ( that would require -as my kids say-a chapter book). This pic is from the first day. The room looks better now. The education world is definitely different (logical?-not so much).
I am so proud of Mom's new blog. Looks great!
And---you should see her car. Classy. Marilee will post a picture of it and Cami soon--as soon as we can talk her into taking a picture.
Post a Comment