November 16, 2009

Really??

Who does this??? While working at my desk, TV muted, I glanced at the screen and saw the lovely Brooke Shields munching on a whole piece of celery. With a great big, beautiful smile on her face.

I say again--WHO DOES THIS?? I have been on 1,000,000,000 diets in my life (think deficit numbers), and have never achieved negative hunger with a single stick of celery. Add some peanut butter or Cheez Whiz and--maybe. I once did the Weight Watchers diet where you counted points. I actually figured out I could have 5 malted milk balls if I saved enough points. But, never have I chomped on celery just because it was free.
Now, carrots, I could do carrots.

6 comments:

Jolene said...

Celery - only good in stuffing, chicken salad, or with peanut butter or cheese whiz on it. ohh, I'll just go have some chocolate and ponder this.

Trish and John said...

i do like celery sticks but with peanut butter. and you must have a package of floss nearby. yep, i agree...weird.

Grandma Cheryl said...

You have to have really good teeth to eat celery or carrots. Since mine are falling out one after the other, I just gum some soda crackers or chocolate. Sheesh!!

Marilee said...

Let's see--celery, chocolate--chocolate, celery. No contest. Even with floss and peanut butter.
Cheryl, David discovered years ago that he should have checked my teeth, like he would a horse before a sale.

Grandma Cheryl said...

Oh, we could do an entire post about teeth. Don't get my poor kids started.....

Suz said...

OK----You are all missing the point that our dear friend Brooke is being PAID the big bucks by the Celery Association of America. Duh.

PS-Hate it even with peanut butter and cheese whiz.