May 4, 2009

Where In The World Is Todd

Behold a sunrise--not a sunset. I'm so used to beautiful sunsets on the Mississippi, the Great Salt Lake, the Pacific Ocean. So when I saw this, I had to remember that this was the Atlantic Ocean and was, indeed, a sunrise. Beautiful-no?

Todd traveled to Wrightsville Beach, NC for a few days last week for a bachelor party. They all stayed in a lovely house on the beach. Did some body surfing, dining and partying.

We are fortunate to enjoy Todd's travels vicariously and he is faithful about calling and sending pictures.
Here's what's wierd for us. David was raised in NC and his mother lived in Wrightsville Beach for a time. David vacationed there. We went there to visit his mother. Now Todd has returned to NC and is visiting all the places David knew growing up. So it is with some wistfullness that he is able to talk to Todd about the piers, restaurants and beaches he remembers. So, thanks Todd. Your wonderlust is a pleasure for us to share.

One more--just because it's so fine. How anyone could look at something like this and deny the presence of God in the universe is beyond my understanding.

6 comments:

Jolene said...

Beautiful pictures. I would love to go to NC someday. I will need a tour guide. Glad Todd is doing fine. Does he still hate his job. Maybe hate is too strong a word.

Meghan said...

i have never been to an east coast beach. it is beautiful. looks like the movies. glad he gets to travel now... some day it won't be so easy...

Suz said...

I am so dumb (blame the public school system) that I'd never really thought about the whole sunrise/atlantic thing! DUH!!

Great photos and I think you should've gone along to chaperone. Sounds like he is having big fun.

Grandma Cheryl said...

I love any kind of ocean picture and one with sun rising or setting is always a "10." Glad Todd shares the fun with mom and dad.
OK Suz....I get a little defensive about the public school system being blamed for everything. Maybe you should blame your parents for never taking you to the east coast - the sun doesn't rise or set over Bear Lake.

Anonymous said...

I've been to both coasts, the Caribbean, the Baltic and the North Sea and sunsets and sunrises are always amazing. I agree that it is evidence that God does exist. It is also evidence that everyday brings knew hope.

I love NC... they have a great inexpensive furniture store there that ships all ove the US. I got my bedroom furniture from...not quite in the line of beautiful sunrises...but it did give me hope!?

Also, never blame the public school system or you are saying we are all incompetent and I don't think that is true. I think we are wonderful, brilliant people.

Jill B

Suz said...

PEOPLE! Calm down! The public school comment was a joke. Geez. I had no idea anyone ever took me seriously!