Here's what I wish. I wish I could wave a wand and make everyone's life happy. I know this sort of thing is normally left to our Creator. But..that does not lessen my frustration. I remember when mom used to try to make sure all her children were happy and getting along. I used to scoff at that. Oh, please, I said. We're fine. We'll work things out. I now understand.
When my children moved out and we were left empty nesters, I was perfectly happy with it. Except--I was no longer in charge. I was no longer able to assert my will and make sure all was well.
I want their lives and the lives of my brothers and sisters (and their offspring) to be happy and easy. Even though mine was/is not. Even though no life is. Even though I have no control or say in the matter. Still.. sure wish I did.
Quoth Desiderata: "Therefore be at peace with God; and whatever your labours and aspirations, in this noisy confusion of life, keep peace with your soul. With all the shams, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy"
4 comments:
I just wish my father's wife would hurry and leave and never come back. Oh yeah and that I didn't have 30 students with 3 in resource.
Sigh. I can do this, I'm a strong Edman woman.
Oh wait, so are you!
"If ever you are tempted to become discouraged or to lose faith, remember those faithful Saints who remained true in Kirtland. Hold on a little longer. You can do this! You are part of a special generation. You were prepared and preserved to live at this important time in the existence of our beautiful planet earth. You have a celestial pedigree and therefore have all the necessary talents to make your life an eternal success story."
--Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Hold on a Little Longer", Liahona, Jan 2010 4–8
Elder Uchtdorf is one of my favs....I love to listen to him speak. He's quite handsome too!
Welcome back to blogging. Please don't stay away so long again.
Jo, I can identify with your class problems. I listen to a discouraged teacher every day.
Suz, am I? Part of a special generation? Do I have talent for success? I always said there was a reason I wasn't chosen to be a pioneer. I am weak and spoiled and selfish. I want AC, running water, a soft bed and plenty of food. I love the quote you left though. Always nice to be inspired by a faithful (good looking) Elder.
i second what jo and Suz (the uchtdorf) said. hang in. whenever i get where you are i just think, we aren't just supposed to "endure" but to "endure well".
Post a Comment