April 21, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I've been waiting to be inspired. Still waiting.

Have you ever had the feeling that life is a crap sandwich, and every day you take a bite?? Of course you have. So, while waiting for some great inspiration, the little voice in my head said--"turn around".

I turned-- and saw that I still have the ability to enjoy the little things. Simple pleasures that make me smile.

Like a beautiful sunset. The smell of fresh cut grass. Hitting all the green lights. A field of daffodils. Finding a good parking place. Fresh tomatoes. A stack of unread books. Clean sheets. Spring.

To qualify as a simple pleasure, it must not cost much and must result in a spontaneous, involuntary smile. It sometimes feels like serendipity. Sometimes it just makes you go "ahhh". You expel your held breath, and know that this is good.

Now, all that is very ethereal. But this...this is real. You can hold it, taste it, savor it.
This is something that makes me smile whenever I find it And, for some reason, it is not everywhere. (Why not???)

Yes. A candy bar. It's just a little thing. But it makes me happy.

(No. I am not a spokesman for the Mars Company)

6 comments:

Suz said...

I think we might share a brain.

Jolene said...

Never seen the 3 Musketeers things, but I do love the regular ones. I'll have to look for them.
I was in a class with a National Presenter once. He kept telling be to breathe - hum might want to try that.

Grandma Cheryl said...

Enjoy your ponderings. I also am appreciating the beauties of spring all around me. Loving the daffodils, tulips, blossoms and blue sky after the rain.
Simple pleasures...

Meghan said...

i love all of your simple pleasures and would only add folded socks (i have a lot of little feet at my house).

and if you were a mars spokeswoman, i would hound you much more...

Unknown said...

Lately, I have come to find the simple pleasures to be very important...thank you for reminding me of them on a daily basis. :)

Suz said...

Found this little gem at Bowmans yesterday. Anni and I shared it. Wish I'd never tasted it.

PS---New post please.