So, I'm on my way to check out at the grocery store and was suckered by marketing. You know what I'm talking 'bout. The display in the aisle, put there to tempt you to make an impulse buy. So I said to myself "alrighty then", and picked up a package of chocolate swiss roll cake. Get it home and decide it's crying out for ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Waaay back in the deep recesses of my mind I remember the chocolate sauce Aunt Marj used to make. So I dug out my very old recipe box and, after some searching, found the recipe. On a card in Marj's own hand. What a treat.
And to top off the whole trip down memory lane, I was stirring it with mom's old wooden spoon. Trippy enough to snap a photo and share.
Please ignore the dirty old stove and feast your eyes on that sauce. Buttery, creamy, chocolaty deliciousness.
8 comments:
Watering mouth.
looks yummy!!
Yum, I think I'll go make some. It's just a few calories, right?
i would ask for a photo copy of that card. i'd like to make it, but also have it in marj's hand. in fact, i want any recipe marion penned. send them my way ladies?
and why must you live so far away mar? i want some of that without making it and my mommy is gone....
DELICIOUS !
That is a delicious recipe but I have Joyce Poulson's and it is yummy and a lot easier. Want it?
I know your treat was as wonderful as you wanted it to be, huh!?!
Cheryl, yes, please
Chocolate Sauce
Joyce Poulson
1 cup sugar
2 to 3 TB cocoa
3/4 cup canned milk
Mix and boil for 5 minutes - stirring all the time.
Take off heat and add vanilla and a "glob" of butter (or marjarine).
It's fast, easy and I always double the recipe.
Hope you like it. My favorite is to pour it over brownies or Texas cake with some ice cream on top.
Post a Comment